Tuesday, March 26, 2013

When it rains...

Whenever it rains like it's raining now...pouring and pouring... I like to stand outside and watch it. Turn everything off and listen to it. I think of how it's cleaning the earth. Feeding nature. Breaking the humidity. Dropping the temperature, which is great for sleep (something I really love at the moment). But then I also think of all the cars on these dangerous roads and the driver's safety. Who's heart will be broken tonight? Who's life will change forever? And I think of all the homeless people and how cold and tired they must be. And hungry! I think of all the people who just need a little rain to turn on the taps and cry out all the stuff that's making them sad inside. And soon my list of things that make me sad starts growing longer than the list that makes me happy. Because I care for more than just me. So, the only way I can up the positive is to feel grateful that, for me, the rain is beautiful and I am pretty safe and comfortable right now, all things considered. Hope everyone is safe with gratitude in their hearts and warmth in their souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment