Thursday, March 15, 2012

'My Gown...' by Jacky Pahl

They told me that life could be just what I made it
I the designer - mine the decision
Whether to wear it with bonnet or crown.
And so I selected the prettiest pattern - life should be made of the loveliest hue...
Something unique and a bit out of fashion, one that perhaps would be chosen by few.
But other folks came and they leaned o'er my shoulder
Somebody questioned the ultimate cost
Somebody tangled the thread I was using and one day I found that my scissors were lost.
And somebody claimed the material had faded; somebody said I'd be tired ere t'was worn..
Sombody's fingers, too pointed and spiteful...
Snatched at the cloth and I saw it was torn.
Then somebody tried to do all of the sewing
Wanting always to advise or condone
Here is my life, the product of many...
Where is the gown I could fashion alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment